Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Monogram Series FR-S is official! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55318)

asdf 01-11-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kALMIGHTY (Post 1446689)
Wow, is Scion really this retarded? Here's the pattern so far and what it's going to be from now on.

Summer 2012: We're offering a base mono-spec car for cheap. We don't believe in "trim" levels. You can't have the GT86 options. No one wants them in North America.

Summer 2013: Just kidding! We'll give you SOME of those options we said no one wants, but some people do want, and we'll throw in more stuff you might not want, but only in one colour. It's called the 10-Series and will have exclusive features that no other FR-S will have.

January 2014 (6 months later): Just kidding! We said only the 10-Series will get some of the cool things, now we'll give you guys the Monogram Series! All the things you wanted in the 10-Series but now we'll give you all the OTHER things you wanted as well, for less than the price of the exclusive 10-Series! We'll give you the GT86 you asked for a year and a half ago. But wait, there's more! You can't have all the colours you want.

Summer 2014 (another 6 months later): Alright, you know how we said you can't have all the colours you want? Well, you can have all the colours you want!

January 2015 (another 6 months later): We're giving you the Release Series 1.0 you've all been waiting for. Crazy yellow colour! Will be an exclusive colour that no other FR-S will have!

Summer 2015: Power upgrade y'all! But we're taking away the GT86 features to keep the price down! No more trim levels (we still hate trim levels), BUT we'll give you the yellow colour you all wanted from the RS1.0!

Summer 2015: Alright, alright. We'll give you SOME of the features you wanted from the GT86, but you also get glowing badges.

January 2016: Alright, now you get ALL of the GT86 features with the power upgrade like you always wanted. We're the best brand giving you all you want!

And so on...

more buyers for little to no r&d costs? sounds like they know exactly what they're doing

kALMIGHTY 01-11-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznKirby (Post 1446698)
And at every step of that, they have new buyers, and the potential for trade-ins. Doesn't sound retarded to me :iono:

It's a bitch move, though. hah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf (Post 1446755)
more buyers for little to no r&d costs? sounds like they know exactly what they're doing

Scion is turning into Apple lol.

Personally, I will trade mine for a power-upgraded GT86 if that ever gets here. And according to my calculations, that'll be January 2016 lol.

AznKirby 01-11-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monogram (Post 1446914)
My vacuum quit working a while back. Today I hung a Canadian flag on it, and now it sucks again.

My, oh my.

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2...-tumblr-i5.gif

vangisback 01-11-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n (Post 1446428)
It never seizes to amaze me at how retarded Scion/Toyota/Lexus Canada is at their package choices. :bonk:

Off topic, but this just really really bugged me. I left this thread, but felt compelled to come back to say this. The word that you're looking for is "ceases", not seizes.

Now back under the rock I go.

jedichimp 01-12-2014 01:44 AM

@kALMIGHTY and yet you bought one?

So no, Scion is not r_______. A little late/odd with their releases but they're alright.

makalaka 01-12-2014 12:50 PM

According to this page:
http://www.scion.com/blog/2014/01/09...ting-at-naias/
Dynamic Rev Management technology available as transmission options.

Anyone know what that is?

Rio 01-12-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makalaka (Post 1447905)
According to this page:
http://www.scion.com/blog/2014/01/09...ting-at-naias/
Dynamic Rev Management technology available as transmission options.

Anyone know what that is?

It's not the rev RPM marker you can set on the RPM instrument dial group?

8ight_6ix 01-12-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jegan_V (Post 1446231)
A warning to potential Canadian Monogram customers. We don't have full colour choice!

The only available colours for the Canadian spec Monogram are Red, White and Black.

Blue, Silver, Orange, Grey are not available.

I still ordered and went with Red, but I really wanted blue...as for transmission allocations my dealer only had 2 autos and 1 manual for order.

Hey man how much did you end up paying out the door if you don't mind me asking and what dealer in the gta did you go to? Thanx in advance.

Jegan_V 01-12-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight_6ix (Post 1447979)
Hey man how much did you end up paying out the door if you don't mind me asking and what dealer in the gta did you go to? Thanx in advance.

Scion Canada still hasn't released a price for these cars. Due to the US price going up by $1900, I expect Scion Canada to do $2000 extra over the standard car's $26K. I went to Markville, but they only had 1 manual allocation which I took, there's 2 autos left.

BadMoon 01-12-2014 05:56 PM

After the pricing announcement I can say that here in PA a BRZ Limited can be had a good bit cheaper. You can no doubt negotiate a price around $27,000.

The re v matching is something the automatics do. It blips the throttle while downshifting.

bestwheelbase 01-12-2014 06:20 PM

Damnit Scion, why can't you make heated seats optional on the regular FRS. Grrrrrrrr. I don't want the complicated bullshit dual zone climate, but an ass-warmer would be delightful.

Quentin 01-12-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1448493)
Damnit Scion, why can't you make heated seats optional on the regular FRS. Grrrrrrrr. I don't want the complicated bullshit dual zone climate, but an ass-warmer would be delightful.

That is a pretty common aftermarket mod. You can buy clean switches for the blanks, too.

Luis_GT 01-12-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1448493)

Complicated?

I'm glad mine didn't have seat warmers :D

bestwheelbase 01-12-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1448497)
That is a pretty common aftermarket mod. You can buy clean switches for the blanks, too.

Good point. I guess I will look into aftermarket options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_GT (Post 1448500)
I'm glad mine didn't have seat warmers :D

My favorite 5ers have cloth seats.