Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   So what are yall using for gauges for ur boosted builds? (SHOW ME UR GAUGES!) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150103)

BlaqkHavok 06-15-2022 08:36 PM

So what are yall using for gauges for ur boosted builds? (SHOW ME UR GAUGES!)

so, im trying to see what all everyone is doing for gauges for all of the important things... i know i would prefer to have OLED, and to that end looking at the AEM X-series as my fall back if i dont happen to find any other gauges that i like... i would love to have a full set of the GReddy Sirus gauges, but at around $800 a piece, that's just too much to have tied into a part that would easily get stolen.

so actual question is for yall that have gone boosted;1, what kind of gauges have you gotten to monitor your vitals. and 2;what company/line have you used, and liked/not liked, that is not AEM, Innovative, or Prosport gauges? oh, or OBD2, like the P3...

I would break em down into groupings of critical, necessary, and nice to have.

My critical are: wideband O2, Boost, and Oil pressure.

For me my necessary are: coolant/oil/trans/ temps, E%.

and for nice to have: would be diff/Air intake/ air compressed/ fuel/ temps, W/M fill level, and TMPS tire pressure and temps per tire.

what i would like is to find some good, clean, OLED gauges for the "critical" gauges. OLED/led scale and digital read out for the "necessary" gauges. And perhaps a screen/tablet used as a mulit-function display for the "nice to have"

i can see the critical costing the mos. the necessary being mid-level cost. and the "nice to have" be a custom build possibly based on an 8inch tablet with an arduino piping info to the screen.

im open to any and all suggestions, cuz my current search's have me finding the current main stream gauges to be overly... meh

thank you in advance!!!

DarkPira7e 06-15-2022 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just have boost and a wideband. I plan to add oil pressure to the wideband (it has customizable inputs). I monitor everything else on the ECUtek Bluetooth app.

Irace86.2.0 06-16-2022 12:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ortiz custom gauge pod with Defi oil and pressure gauges and vent Defi boost gauge.

ojuniour 06-16-2022 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 (Post 3529462)
Ortiz custom gauge pod with Defi oil and pressure gauges and vent Defi boost gauge.

you successfully completed the swap?

FunnyGopher 06-16-2022 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojuniour (Post 3529473)
you successfully completed the swap?

He's had those in his car for a good while now. Way before the K swap started.

BlaqkHavok 06-16-2022 06:58 AM

@DarkPira7e Thank you! i haven't decided if i want to replace my factory head unit, but that one you have looks clean, and the ecutek Bluetooth is done via the Bluetooth dongle at the OBD2 port and bluetoothed to that head unit? apps on the head unit loaded via WIFI or on an SD card?

BlaqkHavok 06-16-2022 07:03 AM

@Irace86.2.0 Thank you! wow! those Defi Gauges look great! and just about perfectly match the stock ones... i have a 17PP BRZ, but ill check Defi out, see what they got. its been a good while since i've looked into their product line. very clean setup!!!

DarkPira7e 06-16-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqkHavok (Post 3529496)
@DarkPira7e Thank you! i haven't decided if i want to replace my factory head unit, but that one you have looks clean, and the ecutek Bluetooth is done via the Bluetooth dongle at the OBD2 port and bluetoothed to that head unit? apps on the head unit loaded via WIFI or on an SD card?

With the ATOTO A6, it considers itself a tablet, rather than a headunit, so Ecutek loads and functions. I have the Ecutek Connect dongle, which plugs into the OBD port (just like any other dongle) and lets you datalog, set up dashboards, like the example one I have in my photo. The head unit also has 2 bluetooth channels, so the OBD dongle connects to 1 channel, and my phone connects to the other, it's pretty neat.

Irace86's gauge pod setup was my desktop background for quite a while at work, haha

Muskoka800 06-16-2022 09:56 AM

Just into the installation process so no pictures yet.
Going with the Blockhead dual gauge mount which snaps in replacing the side window vent.
Innovate digital oil pressure / oil temp and water temp / battery voltage gauges will be installed.
At this point my under hood sensors are installed only. Next is to route the leads through the firewall and up into the vent. The wire bundle for three sensors with there shielding is quite bulky so routing to the gauges is a bit of a challenge. Taking my time for an OEM clean installion.

Tcoat 06-16-2022 12:38 PM

Just waiting for the first person that recommends gauges on the A pillar!

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets...510149517&dl=1

Muskoka800 06-16-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3529583)

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets...510149517&dl=1

:threadjacked::confused0068:
Yes, airbag propelled gauges could be exciting.

Grady 06-17-2022 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3529583)

I did it!

BirdTRD 06-17-2022 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Similar to @Irace86.2.0, Ortiz gauge pod with Defi Racer N2 boost and oil pressure.

Irace86.2.0 06-17-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muskoka800 (Post 3529654)
:threadjacked::confused0068:
Yes, airbag propelled gauges could be exciting.

It can be removed.