Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New shoes from Hungary (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154690)

Qwimby1 05-01-2024 02:51 PM

New shoes from Hungary

I've been pretty happy with the Firestone 500s, but I'm at a stage now where I want a little more comfort. The thing has 70,000 miles and sometimes feels like a gravel truck. I really should swap out suspension but everything I look at lowers it and it's already as low as I ever want it to be.

I decided to go to 225 45x17's, but the Goodyears that I understand are recommended are out of stock. I gambled on a set of Vredestein all season. All the reviews show excellent wet/dry performance with excellent comfort and reasonable tread wear. Winter performance isn't a factor because I live in Florida. They're on the way and I'll see how they work out.

Shark_Bait88 05-02-2024 02:12 PM

I recently got Continental ECS 02s on my car and felt like they improved comfort over the various 200TW tires I've been running for nearly a decade. If I was in FL, I would not want to spend my time driving around on an all-season. Honestly, I wouldn't really do that in any state with a fun car. haha

Qwimby1 05-03-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Bait88 (Post 3604878)
I recently got Continental ECS 02s on my car and felt like they improved comfort over the various 200TW tires I've been running for nearly a decade. If I was in FL, I would not want to spend my time driving around on an all-season. Honestly, I wouldn't really do that in any state with a fun car. haha

Well they are already here so my fate is sealed. Thanks for the input.

Spuds 05-04-2024 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Bait88 (Post 3604878)

Good all season tires are fine for street driving. Especially if you live in a place where temperatures can vary from 28°F to 81°F and back again over a week. Yes, that's actually happened here.

Qwimby1 05-09-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3604968)
Good all season tires are fine for street driving. Especially if you live in a place where temperatures can vary from 28°F to 81°F and back again over a week. Yes, that's actually happened here.

They're mounted and so far I'm happy with them. I think going from 215x45 to 225X45 was a good move. The car definitely rides better and seems to rattle less. I had a chance to stick it into some corners pretty aggressively and they stuck well. So far, so good.:drool:

Qwimby1 05-14-2024 01:40 PM

Crisp turn in, stick well in aggressive cornering on dry. Haven't had them in the wet yet. Maybe a little noisier than the Firestone 500s but I really don't recall. $150 each with a $120 rebate. I'm satisfied so far.