Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   VIVID RACING-WHAT ARE YOU MOST AFTER? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98340)

vividracing 12-01-2015 07:18 PM

VIVID RACING-WHAT ARE YOU MOST AFTER?

I JUST WANTED TO START A THREAD ON WHAT THE FORUM IS MOST INTERESTED IN!!

STANCE?
WHEELS?
WIDEBODY?
COILOVERS?
EXHAUST?
TUNE?
FORCED INDUCTION?

JUST WANT TO GET A FEEL....

LETS SEE WHERE THIS GOES!!

Clipdat 12-01-2015 07:29 PM

Suspension subforum seems like a really good place for this post.

go_a_way1 12-01-2015 07:45 PM

To be honest I like proper suspension stuff (no megan or BC racing garbage or stance crap) I like quality. And everyone loves FI hahaha (well not everyone but I will be going the route oneday)

I also find myself looking for something super unique, whether it be a 1 off product or super JDM part that can't be had in north America. I like finding things like that. 99% of the time I either can't afford those parts(it costs over 2 grand to ship a bumper I like and the bumper is 2 grand ontop of that hahaha) or they won't work with my car, but its fun to look.

vividracing 12-01-2015 07:51 PM

Just a popular place is all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipdat (Post 2467401)
Suspension subforum seems like a really good place for this post.

CARBONGT86 12-01-2015 08:05 PM

Canadian dollar at par again since parts for the twins r outrageous for what you get. And for manufactures to reduce there margins the twins are over 3years old they need a senior discount .

go_a_way1 12-01-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARBONGT86 (Post 2467425)
Canadian dollar at par again since parts for the twins r outrageous for what you get. And for manufactures to reduce there margins the twins are over 3years old they need a senior discount .

There is a lot of cheap crap you can get now but you still have to pay for quality. I have no issue paying the price for most items as I see the value in the quality and R&D because its hard to improve apon an already great car :)

Now the Canadian dollar...... that is a whole nothing thing :( it hasn't stopped me but you just have to know the right guys to order from so you don't get raped on duty hahaha!!! I made that mistake a few times.

vividracing 12-02-2015 11:11 AM

It is true when it comes to international orders talk to people to help yourself out. There is a lot of things that can be done to make parts cost effective.

Just ask when your ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2467440)
There is a lot of cheap crap you can get now but you still have to pay for quality. I have no issue paying the price for most items as I see the value in the quality and R&D because its hard to improve apon an already great car :)

Now the Canadian dollar...... that is a whole nothing thing :( it hasn't stopped me but you just have to know the right guys to order from so you don't get raped on duty hahaha!!! I made that mistake a few times.

go_a_way1 12-02-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vividracing (Post 2467815)
It is true when it comes to international orders talk to people to help yourself out. There is a lot of things that can be done to make parts cost effective.

Just ask when your ready

Thanks! Yeah some vedors can even make sure there is no COD for me and thats always nice. I have been bent over on duty a few times haha!!

Shark_Bait88 12-02-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2467409)
To be honest I like proper suspension stuff (no megan or BC racing garbage or stance crap) I like quality. And everyone loves FI hahaha (well not everyone but I will be going the route oneday)

I also find myself looking for something super unique, whether it be a 1 off product or super JDM part that can't be had in north America. I like finding things like that. 99% of the time I either can't afford those parts(it costs over 2 grand to ship a bumper I like and the bumper is 2 grand ontop of that hahaha) or they won't work with my car, but its fun to look.

Pretty much this.

Related, more distributors of higher end Japanese parts in the US. Companies like CLEiB and RS Watanabe. It can be tough to find this stuff stateside, and ordering from Japan or Europe gets to be super expensive.

CSG Mike 12-02-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Bait88 (Post 2467849)
Pretty much this.

Related, more distributors of higher end Japanese parts in the US. Companies like CLEiB and RS Watanabe. It can be tough to find this stuff stateside, and ordering from Japan or Europe gets to be super expensive.

Unfortunately 99.99% of the FRS/BRZ market wants cheap parts, not quality parts.

Shark_Bait88 12-02-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2467919)
Unfortunately 99.99% of the FRS/BRZ market wants cheap parts, not quality parts.

Yeah, I know. :(

go_a_way1 12-02-2015 12:47 PM

I guess I am with the 0.01%. I rather do somthing once and do it right. Adding BC racing coilovers to my car is not doing me any good so why waste my money. Atleast that is how I feel.

ottoyu34 12-02-2015 04:39 PM

Interested in suspension & handling mostly so far, as it gains good results for the money. Every penny that go on the car has to make a good positive difference. The cornering horsepower.

Way before I purchased my FRS, I know my next vehicle will be built with as much JDM parts as possible. My previous vehicle was a Mazda3, it was hard to find performance parts, let along quality ones. Therefore, I personally don't see the logic of getting a "Made in Japan" vehicle with high-quality design and engineering and throw some mediocre "performance" parts on it. Also, I don't support companies those copy others' products.

I have no time to mess around with fisher price stuff.
Do it once and do it right.

go_a_way1 12-02-2015 04:41 PM

^ Well said :clap: