Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #143
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
Okay, the features/gadgets are one of the differentiations between the FR-S, BRZ, and 86/GT86, and that's what everyone likes to focus on.

But what about the SINGLE LARGEST DIFFERENCE (imo) between the FR-S and BRZ? That's right, I'm talking about sound insulation. I drove a BRZ and I was honestly blown away by how much quieter the car was and how much better the stereo sounded.

So does the FR-S Monogram have standard FR-S insulation? (which is practically nothing) Or does it have BRZ insulation?

Everything about the stereos are identical except the head unit, which is 104 watts less than the FR-S. I suspect if you thought the BRZ was better its because the FR-S was tune badly or maybe they even had installed an aftermarket. Many came set to tC instead of FR-S, and they have different sound profiles to switch between too (natural, hear, feel). Different tires can affect road noise too, basically this is a non-thing. The cars are essentially the same noise-wise. I was actually pleasantly surprised to find there is noise dampening behind some of the side panels as well.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote