Old 01-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #3658
Nemesis
H. Badger Cares About Him

Drives: BMW 335i coupe w/ man.6 spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
There's the trick though, these issues for the most part are minor.

The official DI failure poll has a grand total of 40 votes, even if you multiply that by 20x (assuming this forum consists of 5% of all Toyobaru's in the country) that's still at most 3% of the cars sold, and many who have had failures were modified. (Completely agreed that OEM cars failing even with track use is a problem and many dealerships fucked up not taking responsibility, but those are even more in the minority).

You forgot the lovely CEL Cam position sensor issue which seems to have been solved before 2012 was out, those are really the only issues resulting in failure other than the run of the mill flukes.

I hope you find a car that works for you, I really do and I think a post in the off topic section would be good "I bought X because these Toyobaru issues scared me" but calling us lemmings is unhelpful at best. These forums are great because you can know these issues going into a major purchase, hope you contribute positively in the future.

P.S. Did your BMW give you any issues? I've got a friend who's a BMW mechanic, heard too many stories to ever buy one made in the last two decades...

Edit: Actually you should probably respond via PM, I hate when these things go too off topic.
Passive-aggressive undertones noted. For one to say they hope I contribute positively in the future would be to assume I haven't....thwarting a group response of angry generalizations to any and all hints of opposition to the mantra is entirely positive. Go back and you'll find that I was attacked with a generalization after making an encouraging remark. Which, in turn, incited an odd mass hysteria of uninvoked insults.
My BMW has needed only a turbo vacuum tube replaced, other then regular maintenance since I bought it. I agree we should PM any further response.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nemesis For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (01-23-2014)