Old 03-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #75
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Drives: Goal: Oldest FRS State Side
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
I'm curious what you think machining two of these out of billet aluminum should cost based on just parts and labor based on your expert opinion. Feel free to itemize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
You actually think you can buy a 6061 billet aluminum block in that size for $10-$15 piecemeal? Yeah just $20 in 'personnel' and shipping expenses, lol right. Business fail.
Seeing as how 6061 aluminum is one of the most common aluminum available I dont think it is that hard.

Oh look what I found, a place that CNC's billet aluminum for no more then $50 a piece. I can also post around 100 more links to places like this if you really want me to.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...26484.html?s=p (wow they even have a R&D department!)

So in all it is around $100, seems like @kodyo hit the ball out of the park. So they are adding almost $300 in R&D cost. Also if anyone thinks im bashing the product or the company im not. Im just stating my opinion on the price and thats it, if these were $200-300 then I would of never said anything.... Im done with this argument, I got my point across.
kodyo (03-30-2014)