View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #1313
ddeflyer

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thongpocket View Post
So i've been looking into a competition seat due to a need for about 2" of headroom with my helmet on and I like the Sparco Evo 3 seat. Has anyone found alot of headroom with any particular aftermarket seat? I would like it to have provisions for anti-sub belts as I plan to cage and harness as well. I looked in the interior forum and didnt find much help.
I setup some cobra seats on a planted base in my car. I hard mounted the seat and was able to get a nice upright position with about half an inch of clearance where before I was having to recline the seat a substantial amount just to get in while only rubbing the headliner with my helmet (I'm 6'). Further drop would have been possible if I had used steel mounting plates instead of the thicker aluminum ones or if I didn't like such a upright position. If you were needing more and were willing to modify the floor pan then you could probably get quite a bit more drop but that would involve alot of work.

No idea where it leads next!
ddeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote