View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #35
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsol66 View Post
No on both counts. I own a 13 and 14 frs, both with the OFH and both have the same noise. Header wrap will be my next step I think.
I think that's what I will do as well. I didn't have a chance to remove my headers and inspect it the other day.

I did change the spark plugs. No noticeable difference. I did realize that my turbo is leaking on the backplate near the intake(oil on it). I'll be getting it checked out this week. What headers is everyone running who is having issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
Check the water outlet on the driver side and make sure the header is not rubbing there. My Fa20 4-1 rubbed the shite out of that aluminum fitting that one of the primaries runs right on top of.

As for rasp, don't waste your time with anything other than a Q300 or some other suitcase muffler, or a turbo.... front and mid pipe make very little difference when running a catless header. I went down that road already and tried several combinations of front pipes and cat backs. Only thing that tamed the rasp was a Q300 catback. A turbo will tame it as well.
That was my old set up running now FA20 header and a custom 3" turbo back.