Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,639 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@HKSUSA View Post
wbradley: sorry to hear! with the s/c mounted, the oil pump inlet is on the lower right-hand side of the drive. The oil pump outlet is on the lower left-hand side. The picture in the manual isn't the greatest, I'll agree, but the plumbing layout is accurate.

HKS does offer some service parts:
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...ch/product/727

But from your description, unfortunately you will probably need a new supercharger.
Interesting that the traction fluid filter is on backorder even though despite the relatively low replacement frequency, it is a consumable item for this kit. Also, the oil cooler cannot be sold separately. Virtually all Rotrex type and Vortech centrifugal superchargers are rebuildable. And HKS offers a rebuild kit for this blower on the Japanese website yet the distributer in North America will/can not tell me on the phone if I can order those parts. I have a rebuilder and I have sent out the blower to be opened and hopefully repaired. Considering the blower alone will run me approx $3500 landed I would feel very disgruntled if the unit is repairable and HKS refuses to make the parts available. Seriously, that would be horrible PR. I see people rebuilding the other brands regularly as they can wear or deteriorate in performance on occasion. Why would there be a part# for a rebuild kit on the corporate website shown if they cant/won't provide it? Isn't rebuildability part of the decision making process when choosing which unit in the market to buy? This vehicle is a lot of peoples daily driver, so they need to have some product support for a vital component once installed. It's not like its easy to just remove it and move on.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote