Old 09-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #32
GSpeed

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Thanked 1,181 Times in 362 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlowell View Post
Sorry if this is a thread jack but this is the only active thread on AIM that I see on the forum. Just installed my MXS and when I connect the USB cable to my Surface 3 nothing happens in Race Studio 3 - says no device detected. Is there something special I need to do?

*EDIT* Manually installed the USB drivers from the AIM folder and re-connected all plugs - it now works!

Anyone find a way to display the following:
- Display AFR as a calculation of LAMBDA?
- Use a warning light when a DTC has triggered?
- Display boost as a differential between barometric pressure and MAP?
Regarding the math channels, I'd reach out to Aim tech support directly. It's theoretically possible, but when I tried to have our MXL2 do some onboard corrections for the IR temp sensors, I discovered a bug in the math channels. Linear corrections were spitting out random gibberish, and they were able to reproduce it.

DTCs would require more CAN integration, and that's something that's going to have to come directly from Aim. Lots of people have been asking for it, so I'm sure it's on their radar. I imagine it's a tough nut to crack, so it's going to take a while to make sure it's complete and something they can sell as a product.
GSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote