Built Not Bought

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86 ZN6
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision86 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've had my 86 for about 3 weeks now and I came from a 130 HP Corolla. I've noticed that in the 86 there is very little opportunity to fully use the power and I hardly have any chance to go through the rev range. I live in Australia and most of the roads I'm on are either 60 - 80 km/h (37 mph - 49 mph).

Have any of you experienced this? Are there higher speed limits in the States for normal roads? How are the speed limits on US freeways? I find myself just accelerating a bit and I'm already at the speed limit.
Most of the roads where I am are 100/110. I live outside the city. Our speed limits here are virtually the same, just in kph rather than miles with US freeway limits being slightly higher due to rounding off the mph. There are roads in the outback that were legally limitless until recently, now they've been reduced to about 140kph I believe.

I find skipping gears the best way to get to the speed limit if you wanna have some fun. Like @FRSBRZGT86FAN I have the berk delete too and I wanna hear it so I do it alot. For 80kph I stay in 2nd and shift to 5th when I hit 80 and for 110 I use third until I reach the limit and shift to 6th.
lukey86 is offline   Reply With Quote