soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
There's this thing called Rainx it's available most everywhere. Did you not know?

Yes I do. But after reading up on alternatives to rain-x on here and elsewhere, I stumbled upon Aquapel. People have said it lasts much, much longer than rain-x. Figured for a couple of dollars more, why not try it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydriver View Post
I can tell you how to fix that. Use detailing clay on the windshield glass as you would with any painted surface, with lubricant of course. I used the Pinnacle detailing clay and the results were fantastic.

You know how, no matter how much you scrub the glass with glass cleaner and a good cleaning rag, there is a "line" caused by the difference in texture between the part swept by the wiper blades and the part never cleaned by the blade? Even when the glass has been thoroughly cleaned, that difference in texture is visible? Well, after using the clay, the difference is gone. No line, glass looks new, etc.

Make sure you get a really good grade of detailing clay that won't scratch the glass. (If it doesn't create scratches in the paint, it won't scratch glass, as the glass surface is much harder.) Completely clean is always better than covered up, IMO.
Tried looking for individual clay bars but couldnt find it anywhere, they only sold the kits where the stuff can be had individually for cheaper. Didn't feel like waiting for it to come through online so went ahead and applied Aquapel.
The Twins make me smile