View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #36
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
We were in the same heat, but I came up both days with the DC region people. I don't do a ton of mingling and tend to stick to myself, but I think I was by your car when Ryan or someone was asking me what the little plasticky vent thing was that they found on the ground under your car. I still don't know. I loved your 128 and have wanted one for years, so I was surprised to see your name attached to an FR-S. I was also a little surprised how quick the WRX was in STX at that event but cooler termps help them I suppose.

The 1.5 seems to be the answer so far... I only saw one person on the RS-4 (CS ND) at that event, but I didn't get to talk to them and their times were not near the top. I was impressed with the times that people got in Federals and Falkens, but I feel like that could have been because they had tread and the varied temperatures.

I seem to be the only one left on the Kumho V720 at the moment, but my budget this year mandates I give it another couple months before I pick "the tire."
While I liked the 128, and it had it's time were it was dominate...I don't think it's the car to have in STX. Too many variables and times when I thought to myself "Oh this course can really play into my favor" I get completely the opposite.

My Rival S 1.5s on Sunday had peak loading of 0.98 Gs (versus 1.38 on saturday). Launching I was spinning tires at idle. WRX was 2-stepping and launching. I consider Sunday a complete throw-away besides some changes that I need to make to my car, and getting more comfortable with it.

After driving this car, I don't even see how my 128 was ever competitive...YMMV

I don't think you'll see alot of buy in on the RS4s. No contingency plus lack of data early on in the season. If people start winning on them you may see more people start to test. But IMO I think they're dead in the water this year.
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote