Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
In all seriousness, if it bothers the OP, he should casually mention it to the owner, something like "hey so I saw you guys revving it and bouncing it off the limiter, you probably shouldn't do that". If the owner replies "shit man, sorry, you're right, we're just car guys and get excited, won't happen again" then it's all good. If it's some snarky reply, or any indication that the owner is failing to understand why this is important to the OP, proceed with the negative google review and don't go there. The business lost will be ample punishment I think.
Best answer so far. Modern cars warm up pretty efficiently so there was probably no harm done. It's also in Ontario though so I guess you guys are like in the 30-40 F amp. temp. range right now.
In FL where we are like in the 70s currently, I wouldn't have really dwelt on it much. Doesn't it take like 20+ minutes to get to operating temp in that cold though?

If the guy is apologetic, then let it slide but still let what happened reflect in a review but if he shrugs it off, let him have it.

But... @Stephen W. made a good point though. Later down the line if some issues come up with the engine it will always be that thought this incident this caused it or just exacerbated it greatly.
This went through my mind when I bought mine with 3.9k miles on the odometer but it was a risk I knew of. That's why this is a rotten situation, it's just some jerkhole doing it and not the previous
or current owner who had/has the right to do so.

@Tcoat also brings up a good point with his Stretch Armstrong gif. That would make a simple fun gift for Christmas and it's cheap too: https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Smalle.../dp/B01D1WKCVU
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote