View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
Kris86

Drives: RHD Gt86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help needed please, High negative short term fuel trims

Hey good day everyone,

I’ve been having A issue with my car running Rich with high negative STFT (-25/30%) while cruising, also unusually rich AFR’s (10.0/10.5) on initial deceleration

At WOT the cat runs normal Afr’s. Until recently starting to break up

This all started after I repaired a fuel leak from one of my gdi injectors, the leak was from the “o”ring at the top of the injector being pinched, repaired it without taking out the gdi injector. Ever since this repair I have generated the issue.

I’ve back check everything and can’t seem to find any vacuum leaks or errors I may have done while doing the fuel leak repair.

Now my car has been down for about three months now because I can’t seem to identify the cause of this issue. I’m hoping someone can help my diagnose. The car can start normally and drive but it “bogs” while cruising as it runs very rich (10.0 afr’s at times)

I changed my MAF sensor and my ignition coils to new DT ones hoping for a change for the better. I also noticed that my #2 plug is “wet” with fuel, seeing as I had 1 New GDI injector already, I went ahead and replaced the gdi injector for that cylinder thinking it may be stuck open, after doing all of that I still have the same symptoms.

Right now I am stuck and need you guys help

My car is fully built and turbocharged. I’ve driven my car around on this tune for about two years without issues, I spoke with my tuner and it is nothing easy for him to diagnose, he says if he had to guess, judging from the logs that it looks like something was changed, which isn’t the case, so I’m just trying to find the issue here.

Any suggestions?

461hp on 91octane - JDL turbo GTX3076r GEN 2 - Mazworx CD009 transmission

Last edited by Kris86; 09-17-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Kris86 is offline   Reply With Quote