View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IMO, lowering it, catback exhaust, and some front lips/rear diffuser/sideskirts make a world of difference

It doesnt take much to make the frs/brz amazing looking. i think the tS already comes with the lips/skirts, wheels/tires/suspension are the three most significant things to change any car. of its a jeep, lift it, method race wheels, and knobby tires, and your done. entirely different rig.

on the tS you already have nice wheels and tires, its lowered a c-hair, so i would focus on lowering it some more. the 86 really needs nothing else. there are no issues with these things blowing oil pans like there may be on other platforms. the only thing that really happens to these thing is scraping the front lip, and scratching the exhaust where it bends around the diff. so not much to worry about with a lowered 86. my friend has a mini cooper thats slammed and hes been through 6 oil pans. that just doesnt happen to our cars.

headers+tune are not worth it IMO, despite being one of the most common mods. thats so much money and it will decrease your lap times by about ???. if you actually want to go faster, hire a pro racing instructor for a hpde. im a believer in 80% driver 20% car, thats why i dont really advocate performance mods, im more of an aesthetic guy (ricer, if you will)

there are some lowering springs out there that drop the car a considerable amount, pair that with a catback and you have drastically upgraded your cars presence for about 1000 dollars.

low, sounds good, turns heads, and the driver is not operating irresponsibly
SUSPECT_BRZ (10-04-2020)