Old 02-28-2021, 12:09 PM   #44
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I bought my kit new at that price. It was version 1. In fact it was the 4th one ever made. I was what you would call an early adapter. Or Beta tester. When my first kit blew up (the controller failed) I sent it back to Rob for evaluation and he sent me the latest version. (And he told me about mine being "experimental"). That one blew up maybe a year later. (Compressor failed, the shaft broke.) So Rob sent me the latest V3 which addressed all the previous failures. He even offered to pay for a new set of batteries which I declined (The Canadians are way too nice). The latest one has been working flawlessly to this day. Just need to replace the batteries every couple years. And I still use the original PowerSonic batteries because they're cheap. I gave away the new V3 battery tray.
Right, so a highly unlikely scenario that no one else can replicate so the price you paid is a horrible comparison. Good deal for you aside from dealing with all the head ache of these failures. But not a a good or fair comparison of price comparing it to this.

V3 phantom sold new IIRC for $2500 + 2 dump batteries typically $300+ so $2800 vs this kit is $3000 and looks to be way more polished and refined and i believe will make another .5psi. So really it’s priced pretty well compared to the phantom.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote