View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 01:09 PM   #10
gt5759

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Chipping away as parts arrive!

New side view mirrors arrived, for $40.00 shipped these are built pretty nice and are suuuuper light weight , we'll see if they hold up W2W but if not for that price I'm good! Glass is clear, lightly tinted.

Finished up the pedal box and false floor. Positioning feels great and it has a lot of adjustability. I'm leaving it at the 6.9:1 ratio as I want as much leverage as I can. BTW all the hardware on things like this floor piece will be changed to stainless button head screws or something of the like when its put back together after painting.

EPS ecu and clutch/brake reservoir mounted along with the new steering wheel and adapters. Will be removing the cable emergency brake system for a hydraulic hand brake with lock.

Also started on fitting the fuel cell and the surge tank setup. Fuelab 49502 lift pump inside the Fuelsafe cell, cell has a 3 ball surge tank inside as well as using a Fuelab 61712 surge tank setup with with 52902 digital regulator. The regulator monitors pressure/flow to control pump speed on the fly which if anyone has tried to run big pumps or multiple pumps on anything long term - street or track - knows how nice this is as it keeps from over circulating the fuel which creates heat and can cavitate creating various problems.
Will be making a box frame for the cell and of course new sheet metal around the tank to facilitate the mounting of all the fuel components. For those wondering a bulkhead/firewall is coming after all fun stuffs is mounted in the rear such as these items and the accusump. Also have to think about wing supports/mounts when fitting all this, may install a remote fill like a dry break for the cell but we will see how it lays out first.

New radiator in and started designing the coolant system.

gt5759 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gt5759 For This Useful Post:
Jyn (11-28-2022), Kelse92 (07-25-2022), RedReplicant (07-25-2022), villainous_frx (07-30-2022), Wally86 (07-25-2022)