Old 11-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #42
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,236 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5759 View Post
Glad to see the leak was just a seal install issue of some sort.

Couple questions Why not install an accusump to control pressure and for added insurance?
Why did you choose such a large spread front to rear on spring rate? 7kg front/11kg rear, if I see correctly? You mention its rather loose in the engine swap section.
Yeah, I was pretty relieved when I popped under there and it was bone dry.

I'm probably going to end up accusumping the thing, KPower told me that the these need to be overfilled by a quart when I posted in the Facebook group. I had success with that on a BMW in the past, but it is still pretty irritating and we will see if it solves the issue (I think not).

As far as spring rates, that is what Jon Lugod recommended when I bought them, so I felt I should follow his recommendation to start out.

I hadn't bothered writing up how the weekend went, but yeah, the car is super loose from when you get on throttle mid corner to exit. We're talking straight up and down steering wheel and driving the car with the rear from mid corner for a 3rd/4th gear corner and will roast the tires in a 2nd gear exit corner, which to me more or less points to the rake being way off or the rear spring rate being way too high.

I think basically what happened is that my pinch welds in the front were actually a lot more smashed up by the previous owner than I realized. I straightened them out but I guess the floor is actually pushed up.

The numbers I had were originally based off pinch to ground, but here I will add fender to ground and wheel lip (18") to fender:

Front: 24 3/4 fender to ground, 22 1/4" fender to lip, 5" pinch to ground
Rear: 25 7/16 fender to ground, 23" fender to lip, 5 3/16" pinch to ground

Basically, the rear is dead on and the front is 3/4" low, so the car had 3/4" of rake in it, which would explain a lot. Based on recommendation from Jon I went 23" fender to lip in the front and rear. We will see how that goes.

Front went from 0 toe to 9mm toe in when raising it so I need to fix that.

Anyway, that is a lot of typing to say I screwed up. Here is a pic from the weekend.

Chuckwalla with NASA SoCal next weekend.

Oh, yeah, for my TT5 people - that A-arm penalty isn't going away for next year.