Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Reminds me of a time last summer when my neighbors went on an extended vacation. Before they left they set two traps in their side yard. They caught a crow in one trap and a racoon in the other trap. The next day, after the crow sent out a distressed call, several hundreds of crows descended on the area, making quite a racket, to try to free the crow. It looked like something out of the Hitchcock movie. I freed the crow and didn't reset the trap.

I then noticed the trapped racoon. I couldn't allow the racoon to starve to death so I freed it. I tried to open the door, when the racoon reminded me of how vicious they can be when trapped. I went and fetched a long stick to open the door. No, I didn't resent the trap.

THE END.
Not sure I understand the logic of setting live traps BEFORE leaving for an extended period of time. Reminds me in a way of the Soviets in “Dr. Strangelove.” Why create a doomsday device and then keep it secret?

And raccoons can be plenty viscous even when not trapped. I remember watching as a really big one attempted to get into our trash cans some years ago. Bastard saw me watching and started walking in my direction snarling at me. “Are YOU LOOKING AT ME?”
humfrz (02-27-2023), soundman98 (02-27-2023), Tcoat (02-27-2023), Ultramaroon (02-27-2023)