Old 03-29-2023, 01:34 PM   #32
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
What a lame response. At the point you even thought of typing this you should have backspaced and taken a break from the internet.

As tomm.brz already pointed out, easy work around. The euro roms are less buggy anyway.
I don't think it's a lame response and here's why. The only other input that Pro ECU uses that is not emissions-based is the MAF sensor input. I can't use that for my flex fuel sensor input because my tune is 100% MAF based.

And as far as my tune is concerned, I'm pretty sure it's not a euro version. D00C are the last four digits of the CAL ID and according to @tomm.brz in his previous post, this isn't one of those.

And yes, @tomm.brz, thank you very, very much to Steve99 for all of his knowledge that he has blessed us with and has allowed to remain here for us all to learn from. He has helped me out in the past as have you sir, which I am very grateful for.

With that being said, until ECUTEK comes up with their own solution to the flex fuel sensor issue for USDM tunes, whether it be new code to write and/or CAN input-based, I will continue to watch and wait. I will not be updating my Pro ECU software until I know 100% what the changes are in the new version.

And also @tomm.brz I don't consider myself being pessimistic, just overly cautious. If it comes to the point that I need to switch over to a euro tune, I will confer with my tuner. Thank you for your suggestion, I will definitely consider it once all the cards have been laid out on the table.

@DocWalt thank you for your suggestion as well and the video link. I just hope ECUTEK can adopt the same next generation flex fuel kit and integrate it into their software suite as Cobb is doing.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote