View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 12:14 AM   #35
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS View Post
That Info about the steering angle measured at the clock spring leads me to a possible idea for a solution: Of IT would be possible to intersect the Connection between the torque sensor and the actual EPS module/ECU, why not crating a little addon-box, which takes the steering angle via CAN and is between the actual ECU and the torque sensor. It should be a easy logic to simply limit the maximum torque (Sensor voltage) to the equal of 5.9Nm as long as the steering angle is between +/-400° (Just as a example under the assumption that Lock is at +/-445°). This should erase the actual issue and just limit the support to a maximum instead of sending the unit into cut off mode.
Seems like the torque sensor is a active type. That on the ring their active circuitry that then puts out to voltages that correspond to the torque. so im thinking some sort of voltage divider but then its a fixed rate and doesnt taper off. You would also lose more "help" that the rack gives.

Second option would be a op-amp and a external chip controlling the curve. i think that more "programmable" but would be more complicated.

Third, maybe some zener diodes to always max out right before the limit. Simple, wont cut the PS, and it will leave it the feeling of its operating range the same.

I dont think the angle data or speed would be needed. if people are calming that this still happens at speeds out at the track i think.
DocWalt (05-12-2023), RedReplicant (05-12-2023), TRS (05-14-2023)