View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 03:44 AM   #19
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
You can roll the windows up/down with CANbus the problem is you can't do it if the ignition is off. You can also control the doorlocks via CANbus but again, only when the ignition is on. I was really wanting to build my own proxy unlock via an Arduino connected to the canbus but it's not possible because of the ignition requirement.
Same here. I usually use the doorlocks commands to quickly lock the car with someone waiting inside, where they can't reach for the central lock switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
For now, I've found a way around that by triggering the ACC mode. This is NOT Ideal at all but it works in the meantime.
I will keep sniffing techstream so find a way to trigger and send power to the module responsible. I mean when you think about it. you can still roll down/up window even after the ignition is off for about 40 seconds (as long as the door isn't opened during that time span).
Another Bonus, I am able to control the HVAC too (techstream really does come in handy
Looks like the time is tied to the headlights follow me home function, where the lights will turn off after?

How did you manage to trigger the ACC though?