Old 11-10-2023, 10:35 PM   #977
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
I've never heard of PCSL but I like the idea of creating comps without having to join a club of any sort (even if uspsa is cheap).

5.56 out to 612 yards sounds like a good time. Then again, 1000yd shoots sounds like fun too

You should definitely do it
PCSL is a newer league. I like it because of the way the classing system works and the fact you get to run pistol and rifle on each stage. The classes are simply practical and competition.

I can run a Glock 19/17/45 with an SRO/RMR and X300 and a suppressed mk18 or 13.9 carbine and be in practical division so long as I stick with 30 round AR mags and <21 round pistol mags, which works since I use G17 mags with +2 bases.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6Wo0wwiZP...-tK4Pj7bBm_THC

Here’s the 612yd shot. Did it a bunch of times but it’s hard to hear with the varying wind conditions through the clip. I used to run a 1-8 Nightforce on this and had shot to 560ish. I recently switched back to a dot and magnifier combo for this gun though. I’m sure 700-800 would be very easily repeatable with good decently quick split times between shots with the old LPVO setup. With this, I think 500-600ish is probably the upper limit. I think beyond that is for sure doable too, but is just beyond what the rifle is meant to do.

77gr OTMs makes this gun an pretty reliable sub MOA gun with the barrel it uses. But if I want to consistently go further, I’d pick a different caliber.

When I get a chance to go out again though, I’ll probably try a bit more distance. The BDC reticle only allows for holds to 600 though, anything beyond that is me just aiming in space lol
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (11-14-2023)