View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 11:10 PM   #4916
menikmati

Drives: 2015 BRZ, 2005 STI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Currently working on getting e-tuned and am having some difficulties.

In order to troubleshoot wonky fuel trims, I've been advised to clean my MAF sensor for potential fouling.

Cleaned MAF last night, flashed new tune revision today. Cold start idle was fine and gentle commuting for 20 minutes went without a hitch.

Started running through the rev range and did some 3rd gear WOT pulls from 3-7k. Immediately after doing the pulls, I notice fuel trims reaching -30% STFT (forgot what LTFT was) and when pulling to a stop, AFRs would run rich (~10) and the car would eventually stall out. Stalled a couple of times trying to get moving from a stop.

Pulled over, reflashed the tune and sat there for a couple of minutes. Fuel trims were less wonky at around ~15% but the car didn't sputter or hesitate when driving.

From what I can remember, MAF voltage and MAP readings were ~1.2-1.3V and 0.35-0.4 bar at idle, respectively.

I find it odd that the car would suddenly become basically undrivable after a couple of WOT pulls and I find it hard to believe that the MAF could be fouled that quickly, as it had been less than 24 hours and a total of 50 miles of driving since I cleaned it last. In hindsight, I should've continued datalogging when the car was acting up but I will attempt to replicate this again on my next datalogging session and post it here.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote