x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Hi. I'd like to get a simple, basic supercharger for my 2020 BRZ. 1. I don't want to run bigger boost. 4-5 PSI would be plenty. I am not after a "max attack" kinda thing, just something to wake it up, not overpower it.

2. My problem is that I can't find anything that's not a complicated, expensive kit that takes a long time to install.

Honestly, I'd just want the supercharger, mounting bracket, and a 4-5psi pulley. Not sure if they would need a separate belt or use the stock one. I could get the couplers to the airbox and throttle.

I'm thinking a Rotrex C30-64 would be great. Good flow, and capable of enough for what I want.

I don't want to run an intercooler because at that low pressure its not needed, and the complexity of the install turns me off. Plus the added cost for minimal gain doesn't attract me. If I need to I will run methanol/water injection. 3. From my experience in boosted engines, I won't need it, but I will probably run it down the road anyway for the other benefits it brings.

thoughts?

thanks!
1. That's kinda all superchargers do on these cars.
2. If you think these are complicated? Boost isn't for you. IE: calling routing in an intercooler complicated.
3. It sounds like your experience is only with older American V8s.

If you wanna dive in you're going to have to do it from scratch. (I never understood why the SC kits in general are so fkn expensive for almost all the cars)
The only thing OTS would be the SC. Belt/s, bracket, piping. all one off. Then there's the upgraded headers, tune. Headers aren't "needed" but something you should have.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote