View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 07:50 AM   #3
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Hi. I'd like to get a simple, basic supercharger for my 2020 BRZ. I don't want to run bigger boost. 4-5 PSI would be plenty. I am not after a "max attack" kinda thing, just something to wake it up, not overpower it.

My problem is that I can't find anything that's not a complicated, expensive kit that takes a long time to install.

Honestly, I'd just want the supercharger, mounting bracket, and a 4-5psi pulley. Not sure if they would need a separate belt or use the stock one. I could get the couplers to the airbox and throttle.

I'm thinking a Rotrex C30-64 would be great. Good flow, and capable of enough for what I want.

I don't want to run an intercooler because at that low pressure its not needed, and the complexity of the install turns me off. Plus the added cost for minimal gain doesn't attract me. If I need to I will run methanol/water injection. From my experience in boosted engines, I won't need it, but I will probably run it down the road anyway for the other benefits it brings.

thoughts?

thanks!
This is a perfect description of an electric supercharger. Like the Phantom or the Torqamp. I tried to find the website for Torqamp to refer you to and can't find it on the internet. I can't believe it disappeared just like the Phantom. both products work perfectly on this platform. Now I understand the irony of the name "Phantom".
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote