View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 05:03 AM   #1
OnionBreath36

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replica TRD carbon fiber fender fins

Hi everyone,

For a long time I have wanted the TRD carbon fiber fender fins, but I have come to terms with never being able to find a set for sale that I can afford. I have decided to go for a replica instead, but all the products I have found seem to be a letdown.

Firstly, does anyone know of any replica (carbon fiber or plastic) that clips onto the fender like OEM? I don't like the idea of only 3m holding the fin on. Additionally, how is the fitment like for the replicas? Lots of them say that they stick directly over the OEM fender garnish, but I fear that this will produce a "protruding" look and wont sit flush in the fender like the TRD. would it be possible to remove the OEM garnish and mount the replica fins directly onto the fender with 3m?

Second, does anyone know of replicas that more closely follow the shape of the real TRD ones? All of the replica "TRD Style" fins I have seen seem to be based of the aimgain fender fins and not the TRD ones. Pics for reference:

TRD

Aimgain

OLM "TRD style" from ftspeed

I apologize if this has been discussed already or seems schizophrenic. I'm a little nitpicky and am on the autism spectrum so small details like this really bug me.

If people could please reply with advice, wisdom, recommendations, or photos of their fender fins, I would appreciate it greatly. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
OnionBreath36 is offline   Reply With Quote