View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 11:38 PM   #7
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2017 PP owner here. Autocross a ton and Koni Yellows are a staple for sticking within the street class rules. I opted to keep my Sachs dampers for the last 4 years. One of the reasons I bought the PP was because the dampers were already installed and better than the base stock ones (along with the Brembos). Can't say I really love them. They're not bad, but not great either. People complain they're a bit "crashy" or harsh over certain road surfaces, but I didn't think they were that bad. Just not super ideal for autocross.

My honest opinion are the springs aren't rated high enough for the PP Sachs. Bumping them up would have paired them better. There's almost too much strut-action going on for the low stock spring rate. They'd ride better with 20% stiffer springs.

Between Koni Yellows and them, I'd pick the Koni's hands down. Remember that you have adjustment knobs with the Konis. Valving on the Konis are likely going to better overall and that adjustment allows you to match whatever springs you go with.

The PP Sachs would be good for anyone who's on a budget and can snag them for as low as $200 I sometimes see.