View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 02:09 PM   #1
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,506 Times in 980 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insurance BS...

Oh great, more BS to deal with. I have a quote from Hagerty for my Caterham and it’s about what I was paying for my BRZ. The Subaru is gone now so the wife called to have it removed from the policy. I asked her to inquire as to, how much to put the Caterham on?

Well, first thing was she went from paying just over $1000 per year for her 2024 Crosstrek to over $1800 per year. Why? It seems that she has not been off work long enough to be able to claim “Retired Discount” which she was getting with me. Plus, we lost the “two car discount”, the “two line discount” and I now have to be listed as a second driver on her car. (Like I wasn’t allowed to drive her vehicle or she mine before? And what about her getting my retired discount, WTF??)

She argued like a lawyer but got nowhere. So she dropped that and went on to add the Caterham as a sunny day, low yearly mileage, fun machine. We will have to get it appraised but for the sake of this quote we went with $60,000. The agent comes back with $1700 per year, both vehicles. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE PEOPLE? We will pay less for two vehicles than for just one! The wife is going to start calling around tomorrow to get other quotes. She's just too upset to do it today!

Meanwhile, I have to find a reasonably priced appraiser who knows Caterhams. Plus, my car is still in Utah! ACK!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-15-2024)