Thread: 2685C
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 02:39 PM   #16
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,513 Times in 983 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, it’s almost done and dusted. The car was picked up in Utah last Monday 18th. It cleared customs and entered Canada Thursday 21st but then, didn’t reach the shop that is doing the safety inspection until the morning of Tuesday 26th. Seven weeks since I won the auction. (And no, the symbolic nature of these synchronistic events, that being waiting seven weeks to get my Super Seven in my seventieth year is not lost on me.) I was hoping they would get everything done by Thursday so I could get the ownership and plates switched before the long weekend.
However, the car failed its safety for a couple of minor items. The brake lights are not working and turn signals are intermittent. The mechanic also found a host of niggly problems. Leaking oil pan, two leaks in the rad and the car needs a new cam belt. Plus, I gave him a list of things he still has to address like the temp gauge and a clicking sound we could hear when the car was just idling. I also found the clutch pedal is ridiculously hard to operate. These are all things I expected from a car that has sat for a long period of time.
Another frustrating item of note, the tires the wife ordered haven’t shown up yet. The investigation revealed they only shipped four instead of the five tires. Two hours of waiting on the phone, sending emails and leaving voice messages got us a “we’re sorry, we didn’t notice that you had ordered five until after the four had been sent. We will be shipping you the fifth tire shortly.” Oh well, everything should be done by next week.
It’s like I always say: Excrement doth occur!
(The red car is a RHD 1.6 Sigma that was brought in from the UK last year. He was having a few things done in preparation for driving season.)
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
bcj (03-28-2024), Dadhawk (03-27-2024), JD001 (04-14-2024), NoHaveMSG (04-05-2024), RToyo86 (04-30-2024), wbradley (03-28-2024)