Old 04-04-2024, 01:33 PM   #23
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,513 Times in 983 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
So Duke, are you driving this thing yet?
The short answer; Nope, not yet.
First there was the continuing saga of the tires. Three of the four missing tires showed up last Thursday. Number four (Well actually #3 of 4) was to be delivered by 1:30 pm Saturday. It was delivered just before 2:00 pm on Monday April 1st. So load up all five tires, (full size spare shipped last arrived first) and head on down to the shop.
When we get there the car is sitting outside and the pan is off it. It seems that what was left of gasket was not salvageable. It’s actually a sandwich with a gasket above and below a metal baffle plate. One is on order but who knows when it’ll get here? Other fixes included switching the pressure brake light switch to an electrical one. Surprise, replacing the flasher relay seems to have fixed the intermittent turn signals issue.
The hard starting and ruff running may be linked to all the gunk in the carbs. When they tried to start the car after it sat all night gasoline literally ran out of the two velocity stacks nearest the firewall. The mechanic pulled the tops off and cleaned out “stuff”. I noticed that the cold start levers were present but not hooked up. I was afraid that my car had those incomplete carbs where none of the holes are drilled and each has a blanking plate installed. But all that is needed is to connect the two levers together, add a cable to activate the “Cold Start Circuit” and Bob’s Your Uncle!
There are a few other niggly items to address but, if the parts come in today or tomorrow I might be able to bring it home Tuesday 9th before the rains hit again.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
alex87f (04-04-2024), bcj (04-04-2024), NoHaveMSG (04-05-2024), villainous_frx (04-14-2024), wbradley (04-04-2024)