Old 05-02-2024, 07:06 PM   #970
dave99rt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Loop View Post
Hi everyone,

I am planning on building my GR86 up for DS. I have the crash bolts. I purchased Koni yellows. I have 7mm spacers and I'm prepared to buy other ones if needed to get the permissible offset with the wheels I will be getting (likely RPF1). I am leaning toward the narrower Karcepts front bar.

I am interested in the best way to get the shims/sleeves needed for the Koni strut bolt holes. Should I reach out to Koni?

Also, more importantly, what do I need in the way of top hats for the rears?

Is there a conventional wisdom at this point as to what bump stops to use for Konis?

Thanks in advance.
OEM crash bolts, spacers to arrive at 41mm total offset up front (7mm spacer if you select the 17x7.5 RPF1), Konis with centering washers, stiffer bump stops, and the Karcepts 0.804 bar. Set the bar to 2/2 or 2/3 depending on surface type and temps. Definitely run 2/2 if it's concrete and warm weather. I'd run the small bar at 2/3 or 3/3 if stock shocks and bump stops.

Bridgestone RE71RS in 245/45/17, 235/45/17, 245/40/17, or 255/40/17. Any other size is wrong.

Email Koni for the center washers: info@koni-na.com

Bump stops: Quite a a few of us run the red up front and the blue in the rear. Some run stock front stops. Trim new ones to at least ~59mm front and ~57mm rear to not exceed OEM length. You can go shorter if you want. General consensus to is to leave rears at max height. Trimming fronts down might help, but can increase the chances of the tire rubbing the fender liners. This is more common if you're running the taller 45 series tires.

https://www.resuspension.com/bump-stops/penske.html