Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,207 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-86 View Post
This assumes they actually go into production with it, and if so it isn't a Japan only special. I'll be honest, as much as I'd love a new MR2, especially if small, light and affordable, I still see no real business case for it unless Toyota.jp just have money to burn for some reason.

That's as may be, and I'm very grateful he got the 86, Supra, and GR Yaris/Corolla projects through, but he may well have used up his stash of corporate goodwill with them. I can see it now, the board and shareholders saying 'Why Toyoda-san, why yet another RWD sports car? You have enough already!'
Well with the recent scandals involving Hino and Daihatsu, i think that may have given him some more rope to work with. So what do you do with the cheating execs that tarnished those brands? Im sure hes sick of apologizing for everything that keeps popping up one way or another and wants to clean house. The current CEO is Koji Sato, and hes kind of like Akio's right hand man so im sure he's on the same page, and he's the one ultimately with the power to make moves i'd think.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote