Old 05-13-2024, 04:53 PM   #971
mr.whiskers

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
Thanks for subscribing!

I'll agree with you on that. I kept the stock Primacies on the stock wheels for the first year I had the car and ran them at longer distance events just for seat time. They were pretty bad, even for an enjoyment standpoint.

They're not bad for street use, even if you're moderately hooning around, but at autocross you don't even feel like you're using the 50% of the rest of the car.
Just thought I'd give an update on my first autocross event on RE-71s. In short all i can say is WOW
After Premacies its scary how much grip they provide. I had my first runs after lunch break and also had my coworker with me as a passenger (he got 0 experience with any performance driving, nor as a driver or as a passenger). The noises he was making during our run.. he said he was going to be sick. And I gotta admit even I felt my lunch moving around in my stomach with so much Gs generated in the turns.

In terms of results I am still way off from the top guys in our club but that is kind of expected. I gotta focus on conquering my fear and really pushing the car now. It feels like it can do much more. But overall they were everything I expected and more
mr.whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.whiskers For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (05-13-2024)