View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Start at the camera and work your way forward...feed it through the rubber grommet and then behind the side panels in the trunk. Remove the bolt holding down the rear seat cushion so you can route the wire behind the panel. Remove the sill panel and pull the rubber seal up so you can route the wire behind the white plastic that holds the carpet in place and then the sill panel clips into it. Once you make it up to the kick panel you can lay on your back and look up under the dash. You will see a few wires routed under there already so you can run your wire with these towards the center of the car. You don't need to remove the under dash panel. Remove the trim panels in the dash and then remove the radio. You will be able to see down to the bottom of the dash where you ran the wire and then find the best way to route it up to the radio. Be sure to leave enough slack in the wire so the radio can be easily removed in the future...I keep the plug the same length as the factory harness plugs. Find a nice spot to zip tie the remaining wire as you will have a few extra feet since our cars are so short.

Take your time if you're not familiar with panel removal or routing wires. The run I just described took me about 10-15 minutes but I do this stuff in my sleep...for others it may take way longer. Don't rush. Take your time when disassembling and reassembling the car so you don't break anything.