Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancha Group View Post
I got the engineering data from QA1 and I have experience with other rod ends (Aurora) for the same application and the QA1 is rated for a higher load capacity and lighter. Therefore I didn't think it was necessary to do the FEA. The aluminum parts will be clear anodized, I didn't do it for the prototype since it's a fixed cost to dip everything in the bath at once. No need to do it for one part that's just made for testing.

I don't think I understand... sorry. You guys are sure keeping me busy, I wanted to do some more FEA analysis on our rear lower control arm and start on our trailing arm.
My original suggestion was to use a shoulder on the bottom, and a nut on the top of the heim joint. You mentioned some issues that would arise from the cost of keeping the tolerances that design would require. So I thought it might be possible to put an internal thread on the bottom of the shank and use a bolt from the bottom. But that wouldn't allow sufficient bolt stretch to put sufficient tension on the bolt to stop it from turning out. It also wouldn't allow for the use of either a cotter pin or lock wire. And a stack of Belleville washers would eat up all the space I was trying to save, so really it was a stupid suggestion.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote