serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
You can't import the bonkers British cars but that doesn't mean you can't have one. You can build one from a junked car. Either from scratch or a kit and then register it as a self built vehicle. I don't know how it works in Cali but you can try checking the Locost forum. Doesn't look too complicated actually, just have to follow procedure.

Sounds like a good project.
Yea but I heard that insurance and the self built vehicle licenses are really hard to get. Additionally, I don't really mind paying a little more for a factory finished car, because these bonkers cars need some modification to make them street friendly anyways (see Top Gear episode). I'd love a Radical SR3 SL but with the RS engine in it instead. Who cares about torque when your car weighs about the same as 2 superbikes? :P

It would be fun to throw out the Ecoboost engine for something smaller and modified for high revs. A 1NR or 2NZ with swapped bottom end and giant cams would be perfect, the 2NZ I think comes in at only 80kg, the 1NR has stop-start and cooled EGR for 89kg wet. That dumb iron block Ford is 149kg. A Hayabusa engine is good but it would be nice to have cam phasing at least on the intake...or just strap on a supercharger I suppose.

I suppose the Westfield XTR is more what I'm looking for now that I recall it exists.

Last edited by serialk11r; 10-17-2012 at 02:05 PM.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote