View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #197
Jaylyons1

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ; 1993 Skyline GT-R
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Are the FR-Ss selling for under sticker or not? Seems like everyone always says that they end up with a BRZ because you can get invoice pricing where Pure Pricing doesn't allow nearly as much flexibility. Now you are saying that the standard FR-S is available easily for $4k under MSRP? Well, hot damn, I'll go ahead and buy one now. I don't need the toys for my toy.

The amount to offer these special editions that require zero additional R&D is minuscule compared to offering an additional engine or even optional wheels or aero bits. The R&D is already covered for these seats, push button, HVAC, and headlights. It is just marketing cost. Press releases and website updates are not expensive. The plates that say #1234 of 2000 are probably the biggest cost that comes about from these special editions that just use already developed parts.
At first they weren't going for under MSRP. It may be based on where you live. I've seen a couple new FR-S's going for just under $22k(2013 model's). BRZ's have been going for about $24k now too. The east coast is where it's at to buy a car. You can get a new 5.0 Mustang for under $24k(2014 models) as well if that's your thing. I was tempted myself.
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote