View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 02:15 PM   #7
gnarjunkie

Drives: '23 GR86, '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90 View Post
While it is true that PSI increases with engine RPM, when I say Centrifugal, I'm referring to Paxton/Vortech/Rotex style superchargers (that look like a belt drive turbo charger).

The Edelbrock uses an Eaton 1320, which is a Multi-Screw Roots compressor, same as many OEMS (like Audi/Jaguar) use, or have used in the past.

My understanding is that these tend to produce more boost at low RPM than Centrifugal style superchargers, that tend to produce more on the upper end..

It's all just butt dyno right now... my guess is that since we have a pretty conservative tune, it's adding torque down low but maybe not quite as much as the extra displacement does.

And... it's definitely a bit tricky to compare. The BRZ definitely pulls harder up top. But the sensations are so different between the two cars... one is a full stock street car with stock seats, belts, and a catback. The other is stripped, caged, stiff, you're strapped into 6 point harnesses in a halo seat, and it's straight piped with only a single cat to quiet it down. So it might just not FEEL as rowdy down low

Definitely gotta do a pull or two with both of them sometimes to compare.
gnarjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote