Old 12-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #20
Thongpocket
Master Troll

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
ignorance is bliss. if you knew anything about that scene you'd understand what vic is doing and why his car is so special, what he's doing is beyond that of just standing and ruining. sure to you he ruined it, but does it occur to you that some people build and modify cars not to track? thats something i realized a long time ago, and the faster you do, the more you can appreciate every spectrum of the car culture.

not only does vic push the limits, but you see him on the boards ALWAYS answering questions on fitment, showing what needs to be done, how certain arms are needed and etc etc. so stop bashing that which you do not understand.

fyi, do you even know what a Tsurikawa is?

GBS
I don't think he ruined it, i'm just not a fan of doing something just becuase its popular in Japan. All other aspects of his car are fine to me. I do not know what a Tsurikawa is but a quick google search let me know it is a subway handle. My life is far too busy to give a crap about whats trendy in japan as I prefer to expend my time on what looks good or makes my car perform better in some aspects. I bought buddy club tails and im sure many people think they are rice/crap/blah blah but I bought them becuase they are different and the hyper flash actually gets peoples attention so they let me over on our busy highways. I was not attacking him as a person and yes, that pipe is a way to express his automotive tastes just like anything. But do something because you like how it looks or what it does. Not because the japanese think its cool. I have a friend in Tokyo who laughs becuse us Americans are copying the extreme camber craze that started in japan. He said they did it as a joke and when they did they knew Americans would follow suit. While my response was a bit harsh in hindsight I respect anyones tastes if they do what they really enjoy. Your car is a good example. I don't like the yellow fogs but they do not look bad and they work with the car. I voted for Vesper because that car looks most like what I would want to do out of all of them. In closing I apologize for offending Vic and wish you all lots of luck in this constest.
Thongpocket is offline   Reply With Quote