View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 07:42 PM   #16
Gulcasa

Drives: FRS 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just thought I would dump my 2 cents, I've had a decent experience when buying not ft86ms branded items. shipping and comms are quite bad but honestly it's expected with them.

The real issue is when I bought the turbo kit. It was the biggest piece of shit I've ever had to work with. Numerous issues with the kit. They didn't even include the correct sizes for clamps and oil fittings. I had to go back and forth with them to keep requesting missing parts of the kit as I was installing.

The header was put together with the laziest welds known to man. the header face also had to be remachined by my local shop because fitting it to the engine left a 1-3mm gap on one side.

hmm what else. oh right they forgot to give me seals for my turbo. luckly my shop had spares so I didn't have to go email them for the 6th time about the kit. uh. yeah I basically had to re touch every pipe that came out of that kit, (now that I think about it, the only thing I didn't have to touch was the recasted Greddy pipe on the cold side that CSG mike was always talking about).

** side note, if you get the turbo kit. be prepared to replace the belt at the same time. as, if you get the waste gate recirculated version you'll need to 1st *bash in part of the pipe* as it contacts the crank. and then you'll realize you can't replace the belt with out taking off the entire turbo kit. to this day I still haven't replaced my belt.**

okay rant over, I think getting name brand stuff is probably OK but be prepared to work on fixing actual FT86MS parts. And be prepared for alot of missing shit if its a big like a turbo kit.

PS:
oh right I got spacers and one stud came cross threaded already. basically got told to fuck off. but the gracious owner allowed me to buy a stud and replace it my self. lol.

FYI this turbo kit was bought in December of 2021 so, hopefully they fired that guy's ass and actually got a better welder.

Last edited by Gulcasa; 07-25-2023 at 08:11 PM.
Gulcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gulcasa For This Useful Post:
Teseo (07-26-2023)