View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #508
alxtheoreo

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
Going to ask my question in here (hope someone see's it) in order to not clutter up the board with another wheel help thread.

Going to be ordering some new tires really soon. Now my question is should I run a staggered or square setup. My front wheel is 8.5 and I will be running a 215 on it. My rear is a 9 and im in debate if I want to run the 215 on it or a 225. I understand having a staggered setup will introduce more understeer, this is just my DD and I some sprinted driving around the mountains near me. Dont really plan on doing autox, maybe 4 times max this year, on that note im not concerned about my times, just more about having fun.

I have everything from the back of the front seats to the trunk gutted. I believe this moved some the weight balance more towards the front of the car so im thinking having the staggered wheels/tires will put some weight back to the rear.
Go square. 17x8 or 17x9. Make sure the tread width of your tires are close to the wheel width to maximize usage/grip.

Added wheel (and tire) weight is never a good idea. FYI: the stock combined wheel & tire weight is either 40lbs or 43lbs depending if you have the OEM summer or winter tires.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk