View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #71
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Yea but I heard that insurance and the self built vehicle licenses are really hard to get. Additionally, I don't really mind paying a little more for a factory finished car, because these bonkers cars need some modification to make them street friendly anyways (see Top Gear episode). I'd love a Radical SR3 SL but with the RS engine in it instead. Who cares about torque when your car weighs about the same as 2 superbikes? :P

It would be fun to throw out the Ecoboost engine for something smaller and modified for high revs. A 1NR or 2NZ with swapped bottom end and giant cams would be perfect, the 2NZ I think comes in at only 80kg, the 1NR has stop-start and cooled EGR for 89kg wet. That dumb iron block Ford is 149kg. A Hayabusa engine is good but it would be nice to have cam phasing at least on the intake...or just strap on a supercharger I suppose.

I suppose the Westfield XTR is more what I'm looking for now that I recall it exists.
I don't know about the general case, but FWIW around here (San Francisco Bay Area) there are a *lot* of Cobra replica kit cars. Most of them are Factory Five kits, and I believe you can have them build it for you if you prefer to not scavenge the parts and build yourself. Given how many there are, it can't be all too impossible to get them registered.
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote