View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #32
Tomm
Identifying as a Member

Drives: 2013 FRS LS1
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You may want to use this wiring harness diagram (for an FRS): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byp...1GY3hNTkE/view

It helps when you're repinning to look at these diagrams by function rather than color, use the color to orient yourself to the right harness plug and source. Only look at the pinning of the plug you're changing - so the link I provided above is the harness pin out from the chassis (not from the headlight). The headlight harness (from the HIDs/bulb) will be mirrored. So when you go from 6 to 8 pin, do all the repinning on your chassis harness and then worry ab the parking light power supply.

The parking lights can be done a variety of ways but I tapped into the parking brake resistor box power supply. Heres a vid of what I did:
By doing that, the parking lights will remain on just as OEM does and you can still use always on modules if you so choose. You can just go crazy and hook up power from anything to the parking light but without a resistor they are pretty bright at least on the monograms, so a resistor is necessary to calm it down.

Let me know if you're now thoroughly confused. Or someone else chime in if I'm wrong.
ACT Clutches - APEXi - Buddy Club - Carbing - DBA - Diode Dynamics - Fidanza - HKS - ICT Performance - Project Kics - RPM Transmissions - SEIBON - Sikky Manufacturing - SPC - Tick Performance - TK Style - VERUS - VOLK - Whiteline

Last edited by Tomm; 12-23-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote