follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2024, 10:02 AM   #43
doward

Drives: BRZ, Miatas and a Land Cruiser
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
Do you think the Deka ETX9 is going to be enough power?

How are you mounting the super small ETX9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I use the Deka ETX-30L on my daily, which sits for 3-5 days pretty frequently and outside during the winter. It's been great for a year so far. It's 20.2 lbs without posts.
I already have the etx9 from the Miata racecar. I opted to keep the OEM battery in the right rear corner on that car, so the ETX9 is just sitting around. I never considered that it wouldnt start the FA20, and my car does sit for weeks at a time occasionally... so maybe not a great idea.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:04 AM   #44
doward

Drives: BRZ, Miatas and a Land Cruiser
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
onto Sunday.
The biggest change was that I bought brand new 200tw autocross tires for the first time since my Gen 3 Nickel 15x9 6ULs arrived back in 2015? I've been running the last few years on friend's/customer's high heat cycle scrubs.
The other big change was the RLCAs. As noted a year ago(!) NASA changed their ST/TT allowance and made the SCCA STX-allowed RLCA a freebie. So off came the Whiteline urethane offset bushed RUCAs and on went the Whiteline RLCAs, and unlocked was another full degree of rear camber(if i wanted all of it.)

Now at -5*/-3.1* ish:

The fresh tires changed the car dramatically. It was very neutral and placeable and generally well set up for how I wanted to drive it last year, while also being fast enough to sneak out some #1 PAX. This weekend it was absolutely hooked up.
It had so much more rear grip on throttle and really seemed to pull the outside rear tire around, without upsetting the rear axle and causing any true oversteer. It was awesome.

I won STX(and the local catch-all ST class). One other fast/national caliber car/driver in a field of 10+ STX.
I topped PAX
Exceedingly rare for me is an overall FTD!
Attached Images