follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,969 Times in 11,389 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Pioneer 2014 AHA radio and BT

Anyone else having this problem?

I use my headunit quite a bit to stream music or audiobooks from my phone. I had a problem originally with a Droid Maxx where it would sometimes not connect, or to be more precise, it would connect but you couldn't hear anything. I wrote it off to being a problem with the phone because it was quarky sometimes.

A couple of months back I get a Pixel 2 XL. it worked flawlessly with the headunit, connecting every time up until about two weeks ago and now its doing the same thing.

Thing is, the headunit knows its connected, it can control the app (usually either Audible) it just doesn't play anything. If I disconnect and reconnect it will usually fix it. It also will answer calls but I can't hear anything.

The Pixel does not have this issue with any other device I stream to (3 other headunits, a couple of Bluetooth speakers, a Bluetooth headset) so am now thinking its the radio.

I'm wondering if there is a firmware upgrade or something for the radio that might address this, although I think you have to get it from the dealer for some stupid expensive price.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,465 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Anyone else having this problem?

I use my headunit quite a bit to stream music or audiobooks from my phone. I had a problem originally with a Droid Maxx where it would sometimes not connect, or to be more precise, it would connect but you couldn't hear anything. I wrote it off to being a problem with the phone because it was quarky sometimes.

A couple of months back I get a Pixel 2 XL. it worked flawlessly with the headunit, connecting every time up until about two weeks ago and now its doing the same thing.

Thing is, the headunit knows its connected, it can control the app (usually either Audible) it just doesn't play anything. If I disconnect and reconnect it will usually fix it. It also will answer calls but I can't hear anything.

The Pixel does not have this issue with any other device I stream to (3 other headunits, a couple of Bluetooth speakers, a Bluetooth headset) so am now thinking its the radio.

I'm wondering if there is a firmware upgrade or something for the radio that might address this, although I think you have to get it from the dealer for some stupid expensive price.
Its an issue with Android Oreo. Its not the head unit but your phone. My one plus 5T will not connect to the head unit at all while 2 other phones have zero issues. Google Andriod Oreo and Bluetooth car issues and you will see. I have yet to find a solution.
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (07-30-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,969 Times in 11,389 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Its an issue with Android Oreo. Its not the head unit but your phone. My one plus 5T will not connect to the head unit at all while 2 other phones have zero issues. Google Andriod Oreo and Bluetooth car issues and you will see. I have yet to find a solution.
Looks like PIE may have fixed it. I downloaded it about 5 days ago and the Bluetooth has worked perfectly since then. It even shows the correct title and track in both Audible and the Sirius app which it only did about 10% of the time before.

Some other nice changes to the UI as well. Fingers crossed that the improvements "stick".

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
jflogerzi (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,465 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Looks like PIE may have fixed it. I downloaded it about 5 days ago and the Bluetooth has worked perfectly since then. It even shows the correct title and track in both Audible and the Sirius app which it only did about 10% of the time before.

Some other nice changes to the UI as well. Fingers crossed that the improvements "stick".
Thanks for this. I was hoping pie will fix it. There is a beta for my phone so it gives me hope it will fix it on my 5T

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-11-2018)