follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2023, 02:13 AM   #15
Arthur-A

Drives: 2020 BRZ/86, 2020 BMW 330i
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you're having trouble to keep your lane, you have no business behind the wheel.
Arthur-A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur-A For This Useful Post:
OldBiker (06-23-2023)
Old 06-23-2023, 09:04 AM   #16
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruturaj001 View Post
I am somewhat in middle on this. I like few safety features, mainly blind spot monitor. I don't mind complexity in parts that are easy to swap like headlights. Not a fan of complicated systems in eyesight as your point.
I also like the blind spot monitor. Our '18 Mazda 3 has one as well.

When I was still going in to the office, it's before sunrise, it's raining. Look over my shoulder no one there. I hit the turn signal, it lights up and beeps. Someone was blazing through traffic weaving in and out of cars at roughly 25 mph faster than everyone else. Came out of nowhere.
ruturaj001 (06-23-2023)
Old 06-23-2023, 09:23 AM   #17
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
When I was still going in to the office, it's before sunrise, it's raining. Look over my shoulder no one there. I hit the turn signal, it lights up and beeps. Someone was blazing through traffic weaving in and out of cars at roughly 25 mph faster than everyone else. Came out of nowhere.
I have a similar scenario almost every time I go to the grocery store. People in that parking lot blow through there faster than any other place I tend to frequent. I've come close to being hit while in the middle of the crosswalk on multiple occasions.

In a region where the average family car is a F250 or Suburban, having the radar on the back of the car peek out around the ginormous vehicles before you have a good sight line is a lifesaver.

The other nannies are lost to me, I don't want them, don't need them, and most don't work all that well due to false positives. However, I do like adaptive cruise control on long distance trips outside an urban area. Like the other systems very few work very well. The one in our Acura MDX is horrible because it is either on the gas or on the brakes. I drove one in a Passat about four years ago that was quite good, because it would actually coast or reduce the throttle based on the closure rate to the vehicle in front of you and not immediately brake, which made passing easier. It also didn't trigger on vehicles in other lanes or the center barrier while passing.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #18
Jakuzure

Drives: 2023 SUBARU BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
it's nice to have passive safety features like blind spot lights and a backup cam. stuff that compensates for the dogshit visibility out of the side and rear windows but doesn't actually drive the car for you

but active safety feels like its so dangerous in terms of making people complacent with the car thinking for you. or in the case of this car, potentially stalling it upon misreading a hazard
Jakuzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakuzure For This Useful Post:
Desertnate (07-24-2023), Wally86 (07-03-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 02:56 PM   #19
Spairo

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6 spd in Halo
So hold on goldarn cottonpickin minute. Are you telling me that when I cross the Blue Ridge going to work everyday, some of the knuckleheads in the left lane that are going the same speed as the rig in the right lane might be because of their fancy smancy cruise control?????

Well, I am not sure who is dumber, the one who lingers next to a rig of their own accord or the one who lets their car do it. Either way, hanging out in a truck's blindspot and holding up traffic is just dumb.

Go fast, take chances.
Spairo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spairo For This Useful Post:
OldBiker (07-01-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 06:50 AM   #20
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spairo View Post
So hold on goldarn cottonpickin minute. Are you telling me that when I cross the Blue Ridge going to work everyday, some of the knuckleheads in the left lane that are going the same speed as the rig in the right lane might be because of their fancy smancy cruise control?????

Well, I am not sure who is dumber, the one who lingers next to a rig of their own accord or the one who lets their car do it. Either way, hanging out in a truck's blindspot and holding up traffic is just dumb.

Go fast, take chances.
No. It's because they aren't paying any attention and unconsciously pacing whatever is beside them.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dragoontwo For This Useful Post:
Desertnate (07-24-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 08:27 PM   #21
NorthernDriver

Drives: Civic Type R
I love dynamic cruise control on my Civic Type R. It's nice on long highway trips.
NorthernDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #22
Mcgiiver

Drives: 2022 BRZ Premium, 2009 Toyota Tacom
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBiker View Post
I never understood why cars would need any of this? Perhaps if they stopped planting giant "infotainment" tablets on the dash, drivers would actually be looking at the road and driving the damn car. As for myself, my little display is turned off and my eyes are on the road. Just grateful the BRZ has manual controls for everything, no need to hunt on a touch screen.

I am with you on the distraction of the Infotainment screens. I wonder how many deaths and injuries have resulted from their distraction.

I do believe the Eye sight on Manual cars will be a good thing. Even though I do embrace the manual controls, Eyesight can make long drives much less tiring. Eyesight can save you when you have that moment of inattention that everyone will experience at one time of another.
Mcgiiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:23 AM   #23
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
If you need this crap on your car then you might as well take the bus.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
OldBiker (07-22-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 09:24 AM   #24
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
No. It's because they aren't paying any attention and unconsciously pacing whatever is beside them.
Yep. It's the herd mentality. You see it all the time when people aren't passing large trucks. You get these rolling mucus bols on the highway where everyone just starts pacing each other. They are actually looking at their phones and their brain pics up other cars in their peripheral vision which makes them unconsciously just fall in right next to them.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote