follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Take your money elsewhere.

Also advise everyone you talk to about vehicles to do the same.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #30
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
At this point, shouldn't they take into consideration that the two cars are basically replicas of eachother, geared to pretty much the same "type" of crowd (not age), and were both advertised to be track/autox cars?

I think the point he was trying to make was it's the exact same car getting treated VERY differently by two different companies. Subaru isn't stupid (well, maybe this dealership is), they KNOW that an LED and tint aren't going to cause any transmission grind. The whole idea is leudacrous and so is their claim that the car is "heavily modified"

I'm half tempted to call and harass them a bit about the definition of "heavily modified"
That was my point. Subaru has had a hoon mobile in their line-up for years now and has probably dealt with all the warranty hassles that come along with it. This is Toyota/Scion's first foray into hoon-mobile territory in a million years, so they probably haven't felt the pain that Suby has. Subaru is going to be much more skeptical of "just driving along" problems...not saying this is the case with the OP as it obviously isn't. As a result, ANY warranty claim is going to be scrutinized much closer by Suby than Toyota/Scion...and they'll probably try to weasel out of any claims that they can...obviously...

The OP can thank all the past Suby owners who have blatantly abused their cars and tried to get free repairs done at Suby's expense.

Also, how they're advertised doesn't matter. Do you think if you bring home a keg of Coors light, your back yard will instantly be filled with hot chicks in bikinis? Well...maybe it will, but it's not because of the crappy beer.

This is easily solved by going to a different dealership...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
That was my point. Subaru has had a hoon mobile in their line-up for years now and has probably dealt with all the warranty hassles that come along with it. This is Toyota/Scion's first foray into hoon-mobile territory in a million years, so they probably haven't felt the pain that Suby has. Subaru is going to be much more skeptical of "just driving along" problems...not saying this is the case with the OP as it obviously isn't. As a result, ANY warranty claim is going to be scrutinized much closer by Suby than Toyota/Scion...and they'll probably try to weasel out of any claims that they can...obviously...

The OP can thank all the past Suby owners who have blatantly abused their cars and tried to get free repairs done at Suby's expense.

Also, how they're advertised doesn't matter. Do you think if you bring home a keg of Coors light, your back yard will instantly be filled with hot chicks in bikinis? Well...maybe it will, but it's not because of the crappy beer.

This is easily solved by going to a different dealership...
I admit, it's not instantly, but you provide the beer, they will come
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #32
sho220

Quote:
I admit, it's not instantly, but you provide the beer, they will come
haha...I must be drinking the wrong kind of beer...:happy0180:

Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
suaveflooder

Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
haha...I must be drinking the wrong kind of beer...:happy0180:
I do understand where you are coming from with the whole warranty thing. It seems to always be that way, that a few people ruin it for the masses. I'm thankful that toyota hasn't jumped on that particular bandwagon as of yet.

As far as the beer, it must be a light beer, and you need to provided limes (no idea why they like lime in their beer)
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
adprokid

Drives: ZN6 / GDB-G
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey dealer, if you are reading this thread, F*** YOU!
adprokid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adprokid For This Useful Post:
Anthony (07-27-2013), suaveflooder (07-23-2013), WillBRZ (07-21-2013)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #35
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Subaru is so overly strict with there warranties its stupid, its not a corporate thing I think its on a dealer to dealer basis because they are too lazy to fix things and lose money. The dealer has to prove what you installed caused the damage to what you repaired otherwise badger them and tell them they are incorrect and go straight to corporate.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I think it is a little unfair to say all Subaru dealers are this way. The service manager where I bought my car has been nothing but great. It is my second vehicle from this particular dealership and they have always been accommodating. Out of all the cars I have owned the Honda dealer was the worst for getting warranty work done.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
MysteryMachine (02-11-2014)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #37
sho220

Quote:
I do understand where you are coming from with the whole warranty thing. It seems to always be that way, that a few people ruin it for the masses. I'm thankful that toyota hasn't jumped on that particular bandwagon as of yet.

As far as the beer, it must be a light beer, and you need to provided limes (no idea why they like lime in their beer)
I'm a self admitted beer snob...no light beer (or limes) for me...

<<< check my avatar...Rogue's Double Dead Guy...no limes needed!

The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
Shit Luck (07-25-2013)
Old 07-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #38
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I guess this is only fitting as Diablo = Devil who resides over Hell. They are just trying to make you feel at home.

I have noticed since the warranty denials have started cropping up that there are a lot less threads and post in the Tracking / Autocross / HPDE section. A couple owners have even deleted post and videos to protect themselves.

Unless they have photos of your license plate or post that say you bought the car from them then I would make them prove that I made those post and fix my car.

If they entered that statement about you modifying and abusing your car into the Subaru database then they could prejudice every service department against you.

Take all the actions mentioned by other posters above to protect future BRZ owners and buyers from this dealership.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
skye67

Drives: 2013 black AT, OFT, 4.65
Years ago, after a bought my 02 WRX and wanted to mod it( up the pis, cat back, intake). I contacted Subaru of America, and asked what would void my warranty. In writing they stated as long as I did not mess with the internals of the motor, transmission, or front/rear diff. The warranty would be good. But i should have asked them about LEDs, that's a whole different story,lol.
skye67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #40
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
How sad. Im glad i bought the frs instead. Tons of toyota/scion dealers to go to if one suks. Theres only 3 or 4 subaru dealers in houston
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #41
infinite012
Banned

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Every car manufacturer has people on the internet searching for "proof" they can use against you if you try to make a fraudulent insurance claim.

Kind of like all those people who lower their car with aftermarket springs, but incorrectly tighten everything back up, causing the shocks to fail. There are people on the forum who will suggest that people put the stock springs back on and make a warranty claim on the suspension.

Then there are the scumbag dealerships who will try anything and everything to deny warranty work.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #42
jamesm
Banned

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
i've never understood the logic behind denying a warranty repair (from the perspective of a dealer). when i was growing up i worked as a service writer at a kia dealership in ohio. virtually all of the work we did was warranty work and free oil changes. kia was great about the warranty, didn't really ask many questions. i worked there for probably a year and a half and i can't remember ever denying anyone a factory warranty repair (aftermarket warranties got denied all the time). we just had to keep the take-off parts for 90 days and send them in if requested.

the rate for warranty work might not pay as well, but it's still work.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote